Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome Shiloh Khloe Hewlett to the world!!!!


My wife went into labor on February 21, 2011 in the morning at 7:00 AM. I woke up at 8:00 AM and asked her if she was okay (not knowing that her water broke, but saw a look on her face and decided to ask). Karrie calmly says; "Josh guess what? my water just broke, why don't you wash the sheets, take a shower, and get ready to go for a walk and out to breakfast before we go to the hospital?" Now, I am freaking out due to not understanding the lack of rush and urgency she had. She even told me to stop and get a couple movies to watch while we are waiting?!?! So, we finally got to the hospital at 10AM and Karrie laid in bed, sat on a medicine ball, walked around the hospital room multiple times! All this time I am watching the monitor that is tracking the contractions she was having and as the mountains got bigger of intensity of pain I couldn't believe how tough, persistent, and hard-core my wife is!

The next morning my tough wife who hadn't slept for about a week, and had a contraption to FORCE her to contract more frequently, was dilated to a 5 FINALLY. I thought this might actually happen the way we wanted things to happen (We wanted a V-back)! At 3AM she was dilated to a 5, at 7AM she wasn't any further along. :( The Doctor decided that 24 and a half hours of labor was enough and called it a game. We got all "Scrubbed" up and preceded into surgery for the second C-Section we have had in 3 and a half years.

All went well after an hour long surgery and I am proud to present to the world our 8 pound 13 ounce PERFECT ANGEL BABY: Shiloh Khloe Hewlett. I am so impressed with my wife and her tenacity and strength. I have so much respect for the Women across the world that give birth to children. You are all hard core and I have nothing but Respect for all. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment